Thursday 10 April 2014

'I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.' - David Bowie

This week I've been in London with work so I thought I’d share some outfit photos of me playing the part!  Aside from my fun loving jokey side I do actually work in Business Development and this week I was in London attending Fashion Digital and meeting with a few partners before heading over to a networking breakfast this morning

  This is when dinosaur, despicable me, hot chocolate loving Lauren steps aside and professional, networking Lauren comes into play. This week has been all about multi-channel, dual screen purchasing and the infamous big data debate. The fact I work for a German company is always a conversation starter and I absolutely love getting to know the face’s behind so many huge brands.



When I am wearing all black I like to add a pop of red. Here it's the tartan scarf, and this week red lippy has been my go-to. The Louis Vuitton bag is something I had wanted since I was eleven and I finally caved in on a trip to Paris in 2012. I was in my final year of university; so definitely had better things to be spending my money on but as I was also working found the justification I needed! I've worked part time since the age of 16, throughout college and university; and there is definitely a satisfaction and new found appreciation when it comes to buying pieces like this. I am really proud to use this bag and know I earned it.

I tend not to talk about my work too much outside of that environment as I think having moved to another country for a job and consequently knowing mainly people through work, means it engages a large proportion of your life. As a result I’m keen to embrace the preceding side to my personality when I am not in that domain. Needless to say I love my job and I feel incredibly lucky to have found such a wonderful company and job post university. It is great to be working in the industry which I love. I think these weeks are definitely those where I thrive as I love to meet new people and learn a little along the way! So here’s my ‘London Look’ (good old Rimmel!).

Ciao.






Dress:  Monki from ASOS
Jacket: Dorothy Perkins
Scarf: Zara
Bag: Louis Vuitton
Watch: Michael Kors
Tights: Primark
Shoes: Converse, All Star
Photo credit: It's Cohen!

'It amazes me sometimes that even intelligent people will analyze a situation or make a judgement after only recognizing the standard or traditional structure of a piece.' - David Bowie

No comments:

Post a Comment